These sessions are run on a Sunday afternoon and aim to provide an opportunity for youth sailors to learn the basics of sailing up to RYA Stage 2. The sessions are run in a safe and supportive environment, under the guidance of experienced instructors. Sailors are expected to sail and develop at their own pace, without the pressure and fixed timescale of a traditional sailing course.
The club provides the use of a dinghy, safety helmet and buoyancy aid; however the sailors will need to provide clothing suitable for the conditions. The sessions run from 2pm and 4pm on a Sunday and the costs are
- Club Members – £15 per week
- Non Members – £20 per week
It is recommended that you book the a number of sessions at the same time, as in peak season the demand is usually high and places fill up quickly, Most sailors gain the basics in about 4 weeks, but some take a little longer.
Club Membership Options
Sailors who have achieved RYA Stage 2 or equivalent have a number of opportunities to progress as member of WWSC within one or more of our youth groups.
- Optimist Club is for children aged 8-15 and runs on Saturday afternoons from 2pm (rigged and ready to sail) to approximately 4pm. It is run by qualified coaches, instructors and other parents. The sessions offer children the opportunity to sail and develop their skills to a high level of racing competence, in a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- Saturday Youth group is aimed at 12 to 17 year olds who want to enhancing their racing skills in Toppers and Laser 4.7 Dinghy’s.
- Sunday Youth focus is open to 8-17 year olds wanting to develop general sailing skills through the RYA scheme.
For details of the membership options see our membership page.
For any general questions please contact us below.
Contacts: Getting Started
|Chief Sailing Instructor
||Tim Taylor||Send A Message|