This Internet Usage Policy applies to all members and guests of Weir Wood Sailing Club (WWSC).
Access to the Internet through the club network is a privilege and all users must adhere to this policy.
Users may also be held personally liable for damages caused by any violations of this policy. Users may only access the WWSC internet or use WWSC equipment on the express condition that they understand and agree to abide by the rules hereunder. Users can be required to acknowledge receipt and confirm such understanding in writing upon the demand of a WWSC officer.
Users are expected to use the Internet responsibly.
The equipment, services and technology used to access the Internet are the property of WWSC and the club reserves the right to monitor Internet traffic and monitor and access data that is composed, sent or received through its online connections.
All sites and downloads may be monitored and/or blocked by the club if they are deemed to be harmful and/or not productive to aims of the club.
Unacceptable use of the internet by users includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet or via clubs email service.
- Using the club Internet connection to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy.
- Stealing, using, or disclosing someone else’s password without authorization.
- Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorization.
- Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the clubs members.
- Hacking into unauthorized websites.
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to the club, its operations, members or guests.
- Introducing malicious software onto the club network and/or jeopardizing the security of the organization’s electronic systems.
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to activities of the club.
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the club.
If a user is unsure about what constitutes acceptable Internet usage, then he/she should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance and clarification.
All terms and conditions as stated in this policy are applicable to all users of clubs network and Internet connection. All terms and conditions as stated in this policy reflect an agreement of all parties and should be governed and interpreted in accordance with the policies and procedures mentioned above. Any user who may be violating these policies can be blocked from accessing the internet via the clubs network.
I understand and will abide by this Internet Usage Policy. I further understand that should I commit any violation of this policy, my access privileges may be revoked, disciplinary action and/or appropriate legal action may be taken.