Fast & Furious objective is to sharpen up racing skills, with an emphasis on fun, skill sharing and keeping the fleet together for more interaction on the water.
The revised start sequence for F&F race days in January February and March 2019 will be as follows-
- A 45 minute Series race will be run starting at 10:30 hrs This will use the normal 3 minute sequence for Slow, Fast and Laser Fleets.
- At 11:30 hrs (approx) will be the first F&F race start .
- It is anticipated that up to five races will be held with the final race finishing at about 13:00 hrs.
- The Slow and Fast handicap fleets will start together followed by the Laser fleet
- The proposed start/flag sequence will use the current 1 minute between signals as follows-
Warning Signal- Handicap flag Yellow with a Black ‘H’- Laser flag White with Red Laser logo- both raised
1 minute signal- ‘P’ flag raised
2 minute signal- One minute to Handicap/ Two minutes to Laser Start – ‘P’ flag lowered
3 minute signal- Handicap start- Yellow Handicap flag lowered
4 minute signal- Laser start- White/Red Laser flag lowered.
NOTE- The Laser fleet start 1 minute AFTER the combined Handicap fleets, this reduces the overall sequence to 4 minutes-
Saturday 30 March – Join us for a Blast-off Brunch! Come down to the Club early this year to clean off the winter grime and apply your 2019 boat stickers! Full English breakfast served from 10.00 (Vegetarian option). High pressure boat cleaner available, tidy up your boat park space. Non-boat-owners welcome to help clean and rig club hire boats for a sail in the afternoon. Rigging help and boat maintenance advice offered. Please indicate your interest to attend by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 March.