Last updated Wednesday 6 January 2021, 11.30
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement at 8pm on Monday 4th January, the club will be completely closed until further notice, as outdoor sports venues must close. There is no access to any part of the site including the boat parks or water as Weir Wood is not a public open space. We will continue to monitor government and RYA announcements and provide further updates if the news changes.
Last updated Thursday 24 December 2020, 10.00
Following the announcement that Sussex (and all of the south-east and beyond) has been put into Tier 4 Stay at Home restrictions from 00.01 on Boxing Day Saturday 26 December, the club can remain open for individual exercise provided you live locally to the club. If you travel you must stay local – meaning avoiding travelling outside your village, town or the part of a city where you live. Exercise should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary.
The Tier 4 restrictions mean:
- The clubhouse will be completely closed, including the toilets.
- Catering will not be available.
- The duty rota is suspended until further notice.
- Sailing is at your own risk – you should use the club’s personal risk checklist to determine whether it is appropriate for you to sail in the prevailing conditions.
- Under-18s may only sail if accompanied by an adult from their household or bubble.
- In Tier 4 organised sporting activity is not permitted. Informal or self-organised sport is not covered by any exemptions and can only take place within the legal gathering limits which otherwise apply. Therefore, all organised club activity including racing and training, whether formal or informal, is not consistent with the guidelines.