With the Covid-19 infection rate rising rapidly across the country, we need to make sure we are all doing everything possible to reduce our personal risk by following the government regulations and the club’s advice to the letter:
- Members must not gather in groups of more than 6 anywhere on site. The only exception is for households with more than 6 people.
- Social distancing (of 2m or 1m with mitigation) must be maintained between households at all times.
- You are wholly responsible for your own safety and for assessing the weather conditions before sailing; the club has no responsibility for your actions.
In addition, all racers MUST follow the club’s rules for launching and recovery on Sunday mornings:
- Don’t leave your boat unattended away from your boat park space
- Do as much rigging and de-rigging as possible in your boat park space, leaving the slipways and the pontoon clear just for launching and recovery
- The boat park will be divided every Sunday morning and members MUST launch and recover from their designated slipway
- Be prepared to wait if the slipways or pontoon are congested
- Leave launching trolleys on the grass to maximise slipway space
- Give priority to people moving boats if you are walking in the boat park or near the slipways
- Only land and recover your boat when there is sufficient space on the slipway for you to maintain social distancing
- Clear the slipway immediately on landing to create space for others to land
Finally, if you live in a Tier 2 area (such as all of Greater London) you must still apply Tier 2 rules when you come to Weir Wood. This will mean not mixing with anyone not in your household in the clubroom – you’ll need a table all to yourself or your household – and being extra careful about social distancing indoors and out.