The government has updated the regulations to make it illegal for people to gather in groups of more than 6 indoors or outdoors. To play our part in the fight against Coronavirus, keep our members and communities safe and taking account of the revised legislation, we need to reinforce the measures that we as a club are taking. Having reviewed the changes, your committee is pleased to report that it will still be possible to continue with current activities at the club but it will be necessary to revise our COVID rules to ensure we comply with the updated regulations.
The club takes all Covid regulations and guidance very seriously and members MUST follow the club’s revised Covid rules:
- Members must not gather in groups of more than 6 anywhere on site. The only exception is for households with more than 6 people.
- Social distancing (of 2m or 1m with mitigation) must be maintained between households at all times.
- In order to reduce congestion on site,
- Boats and sailboards must not be brought to site or taken away at busy times, such as Sunday morning
- Having unloaded boats or equipment, all vehicles MUST be returned to the car park without delay. It is a condition of the club’s lease that vehicles must not be left parked anywhere beyond the sliding gate at any time.
- Boats must not be left unattended on the slipway at any time
- Rigging must only be done in your boat park space or on grass areas well away from others – maintain social distancing at all times
- Only move to the slipway when you are ready to launch and launch straight away. Do not socialise on the slipways.
- Only land and recover your boat when there is sufficient space on the slipway for you to maintain social distancing
- Clear the slipway immediately on landing to create space for others to land
Further changes specific to Sunday racing to reduce congestion onshore.
- From Sunday 20 September, racing fleets will start half an hour apart in order to reduce congestion on the slipways – handicap fleet at 10.15, Lasers at 10.45.
- Use the designated slipway for your area of the boat park
There are no changes to the arrangements for training or catering except that a group of 6 people can now gather in the clubroom provided they are socially distanced and do not mix with any other groups. If you are booking catering for your group, you must ensure that you book sufficient space to enable social distancing between households.
As the limit of 6 people gathering is now law, it is essential that members comply with the club’s COVID rules and action may be taken through the club’s disciplinary process against any member observed breaking these rules.