On Saturday January 26, Charles Macrorie, our new Social Secretary, is inviting members to join his regular walking group (http://www.cross-walk.co.uk/index.html) for breakfast and a 7km walk around the reservoir. With a nod to Burns a full Scottish Breakfast will be served in the clubroom from 08.00. Walk starts off at 08.45 and should take 2.5-3 hours. (For the fit ones there’s an additional 4km loop round Gravetye Manor). The walk will finish back at WWSC for coffee and a chat 11.00 – 12.00. Donations to Charles on the day to cover costs. To register your interest or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Dogs welcomed on walk (but not at club).
Fast & Furious objective is to sharpen up racing skills, with an emphasis on fun, skill sharing and keeping the fleet together for more interaction on the water.
The revised start sequence for F&F race days in January February and March 2019 will be as follows-
- A 45 minute Series race will be run starting at 10:30 hrs This will use the normal 3 minute sequence for Slow, Fast and Laser Fleets.
- At 11:30 hrs (approx) will be the first F&F race start .
- It is anticipated that up to five races will be held with the final race finishing at about 13:00 hrs.
- The Slow and Fast handicap fleets will start together followed by the Laser fleet
- The proposed start/flag sequence will use the current 1 minute between signals as follows-
Warning Signal- Handicap flag Yellow with a Black ‘H’- Laser flag White with Red Laser logo- both raised
1 minute signal- ‘P’ flag raised
2 minute signal- One minute to Handicap/ Two minutes to Laser Start – ‘P’ flag lowered
3 minute signal- Handicap start- Yellow Handicap flag lowered
4 minute signal- Laser start- White/Red Laser flag lowered.
NOTE- The Laser fleet start 1 minute AFTER the combined Handicap fleets, this reduces the overall sequence to 4 minutes-
Want to know more see the racing diary or contact Duncan below